If you are reading this, it is because you've seen my email, my FaceBook post, my letter, or someone has told you why I am doing this ride. While I can't do this ride in person this year, I have accepted the virtual challenge to ride 500 miles during the month of July. I am very confident that I can achieve that, but after crashing and breaking my hip last year and getting a full hip replacement and now with my prostate cancer diagnosis (low grade luckily), I have no idea if that will have an impact on my ability to make the 500 miles.
One thing I do know is why I am doing this ride again, and all of the names below are the reasons why! Some have lost their battle, some are battling, and some are survivors, who I would classify more as "fighters".
- Dad - Bill, Mom - Barb, Mother-in-law - Judy, Father-in-law - Bob
- Uncle - Richard, Uncle - Bob, Aunt - Margie, Uncle - Ron
- My wife's Grandma Parker, Granddad Gray, Aunt - Sheila
- Kurt Lieblong, Charlie Salinero, John Jay Simms, Sandie Olenik
- Tammy Martin, Marilyn Doty, Barbara Doty, Annie Driscoll
- Harry Weishaar, Jerry Reuter, Cameron Smith, Kathy Hafner Smith
- Annette and Geno Misiaszek, Sandy Golson, Carole Blake, Terrye Swinford
- Charles Manikas, MuMu Tucker, John and Anne Coleman
- Hyman Hurwitz, Jane Rissinger, Jimmy Crane, Renee Castiglone, Vivian Greene
- Bobby Alder, Clifford Warre, Brenda Blagman, Colleen Brady, Audrey Evans
- Barbara Mars, Steve Mars, Dave Jackson, Ronnie Downey
- Tammy Minarich, Amanda Lewis, Family member of John Arfman, Rose Mary Noll
- Gordon "Red" Royce, Tony Shabotynski, Ann Marie Kelley, Wayne Crosse, Samuel Jones
- David Brown, Charlie Livermore, Maria Thor
- Tony DiNardo, Mark Johnson, John Tragon, Bill Dillon
- Cecil Latham, Nicole Yearwood, Maria Snow, Kathi Whitmill Judy
- Kathy Scott, Chris Inman, Fred Ariola, Sally Laub
Please consider making a donation to my efforts today. My goal is a rather modest $12,500, but I am confident that there are so many wonderful, generous people out there that we can meet this goal and make a difference together! If you followed my FaceBook posts last year, you know the ending: Love to all and FU cancer!
My Personal Blog