The Clarence Christian Crusaders are working together again this year to support cancer research at Roswell and to save lives. We welcome our new captain Jeff Deal and encourage you to support his success.
Our team is sponsored by Clarence Presbyterian Church as a local mission project. Our fundraising is supported by our church congregation, together with the fundraising of our dedicated riders and their families and friends. We have been very proud of our fundraising which placed us in the top teams for the past several years.
Why we ride!
The 2023 ride is very meaningful to our team riders, our church congregation, and the families of two of our riders. Our team was originated by Bob Furminger over 10 years ago, and he recently lost his daughter-in-law Jennifer Furminger to cancer. Also, our long-time, very dedicated team member, Janet Mustard, recently returned home following four months of treatments at Roswell. We are so thankful for her recovery, the doctors, staff and researchers at Roswell. Our new captain Jeff Deal continues to support his sister Janet in her continuing recovery.
How to join our team:
You must register online to ride, but there are no fees or minimum fundraising requirements. Click on "Join A Team" and put in "Clarence Christian Crusaders."
How to Participate (optional choices)
1) Ride with our team in small groups at team rides which include several distances including a short ride to encourage young families to join.
2) Ride on June 24th in the Roswell 2023 ride which leaves UB or leaves the Peace Bridge to a route in Canada.
3) Ride on your own or get together with other team members or your friends. Select a time and place and keep track of your miles.
4) Register as a "Ride Your Own Way" participant to support our team but do not want to actually ride a bicycle.
How to donate:
1) You may use envelopes available in the church pews. Make the check out to "Ride For Roswell" NOT the church. You may indicate names of "in memory of" or " in honor of" with your check.
2) Mail a check to Julie Furminger at 89 Melody Lane, Tonawanda, NY 14150. 3) Give your check to Jeff Deal at church.
4) Donate online, click on "donate" then search for a team and enter team name "Clarence Christian Crusaders" then you MUST select a team rider from the list of riders provided.
We appreciate your support and donations; together we can support much needed funding for research at Roswell Cancer Hospital which is recognized worldwide for their success. Please help us to support Janet Mustard as she continues her recovery and also to remember Jennifer Furminger who fought the battle against cancer with her positive attitude and determination.
The Clarence Christian Crusaders