The Ride for Roswell is an annual event that helps raise money for cutting-edge cancer research and patient care programs that benefit cancer patients through out the United States.
2021 will be the 15th year I ride. Riding for me is personal. My family, like many families, has suffered more than our share at the hands of this terrible disease:
- In April 2007, my mother-in-law passed away after spending 9 months at Roswell for leukemia treatment. She had been previously diagnosed with breast cancer. Her care while at Roswell was tremendous and very supportive.
- In June 2011, my mother lost an 18 month battle with uterine cancer. Again Roswell was her best chance to make it through the 18 months. Roswell gave us extra time and wonderful care.
-In December 2010, one of my high school students passed after battling a rare form of ovarian cancer at age 15.
- In December 2015, two of my brothers were diagnosed with skin cancer.
- In February 2016, my sister-in-law's mother lost her battle with kidney cancer. Roswell again provided wonderful care throughout the battle.
- In 2017, my friend was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
-In March 2018, my father died from bone cancer.
- In August 2019, my uncle in law was diagnosed with kidney cancer and is undergoing treatment at Roswell.
- In September 2020, my cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer. Roswell is guiding him through cancer. He has been a fellow rider for 14 years.
The money raised will allow Roswell to continue to fund programs aimed at eradicating this disease. Please help support this cause so people can overcome cancer. Please help Roswell continue their work to rid the world of cancer, so that no one has to lose the fight.