Dear Friends, Family and Colleagues,
I have again accepted the challenge to raise funds to support cancer research by riding in The Ride for Roswell. Thanks to all of you in the last ten years we have raised over $13,000 and I need your help again this year!
I TRULY appreciate whatever you can donate $5,$10, $25, $50—whatever, you can do really adds up and helps!
To donate online, please click on the link below:
This year, I dedicate my ride to a former colleague and friend, Dorsi Raynolds. Dorsi lit up a room with her huge smile and love of life! She lives on in all of us and I can still hear her saying...."Who is driving your bus?"....
I also continue to ride in memory of my Mom who passed away from lung cancer in October 2007 as well as in honor of my Dad, who beat it once and is battling again, and my dear friend Tammy who fought the fight and is cancer free.
I also ride for all your family and friends that you have shared with me including:
• Marian Iak's Family Bob Walf (father),Don Walf (uncle),Rich Walf (uncle),Jane Walf (aunt),Patty Walf (cousin),Grandma Gelonek (and her 2 sisters),Bette Gelonek Walf (mother),Hilda Gelonek Rhoades (great aunt),Tim Gelonek (cousin) and Nancy Walf Donn (sister) and Kathy Walf Zastrow (cousin).
• Jamie Clouser,
• Suzanne White: In loving memory of Suzanne White, mother, wife, daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law and friend to all who loved her and whom she loved as well. She fought a courageous battle for 9 years and is greatly missed by all.
• Kathi Sahner,
• Harold DeFrees,
• Kathy Hines,
• Barbara Wasley,
• Nan Harvey,
• Concetta Loewke,
• Tammy Aranyosi
• Sue Rocque, her grandmother Kay Bentges, mother Donna Rocque and Peg Sisson
• Patti Kindron's family including niece Crystal Lichentenberger, sister-in-law Karen Olsen, mother-in-law, husband Rick Kindron and niece Melissa Olsen.
• Corinne M. Hamel
• Carla Lynch
• John Sullivan's mom who passed away on 2-1-90
Personally, each year it is very emotional as I ride next to thousands of other riders who ride in honor of brothers, sisters, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, grandchildren, and teachers—it’s an awesome feeling as I ride and I think about who these people are and what they must mean to the people who ride in their honor and memory. This only motivates me more to continue the ride and to remember why I’m doing it!
If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below.
Make all checks payable to:
The Ride for Roswell
P.O. Box 644
Buffalo, NY 14240-0644
(Please note Laura Barnum in the memo field of your check)
Thank you for your consideration!!!